Monday, September 29, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
i love when the authors of cookbooks keep blogs.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
image via here
the grocery check out lady, the 16-year old serving coffee at starbucks, B-list celebrities, soccer moms, and cougars at the bar scene.
what totally put me over the edge was when i saw a "plain jane-ish" girl decked out in sweat paints, a northface jacket, crocs, and....a victoria beckham haircut! it was totally out of place.
i actually really liked the haircut when i first saw pictures of the original fashion diva sporting the look. i thought it was so sleek, so modern, so chic.
but now, i think the victoria haircut is the new jennifer aniston haircut. it's freakin' everywhere!
i'm bored now. something new, please.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
- catholicism - abstain from meat on ash wednesday and good fridays. also, no meat is eaten on all fridays during lent.
- eastern orthodox - no meat, dairy products, or eggs are allowed during lent. there are also several other fast periods throughout the year.
- protestant - fasting is at the discretion of individuals and churches
- methodist - some partake in the wesley fast. this includes fasting after thursday's evening meal until midafternoon on fridays. otherwise, fasting is put at discretion
- lutheran - fasting is at the discretion of individuals and churches. not required at all.
- during yom kippur, eating and drinking are not allowed for 24 hours. there are also six other fast days throughout the year.
- abstain from solid foods and certain drinks during some full moon days and other holidays.
- the first sunday of each month is a fast day. abstain from food and drink for two consecutive meals.
- fasting during the month of ala. this means no food and drink from sunrise to sunset.
well...no matter when or if you fast, i think we can all agree that it is quite a challenging practice.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
btw, the luxury jet was listed at 2.5 million on ebay...but it didn't sell. it was eventually sold to a private buyer.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
why do people refer to presidential candidate barack obama by his first name?...."barack will do this..." "barack will do that..."
you never hear people refer to senator mccain by his first name.
i feel that if people are comfortable saying barack, well then, they should also be comfortable referring to the other candidate by his first name.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
i'm very scared right now. i'm constantly wondering if the decision i made was out of stupidity or sense. i just don't want to be alone. but i also want to be happy. and the reality is, for the past couple of months, i wasn't happy. i was doubting everything like crazy. he wasn't giving me what i hope "the man in life" can/will give me: comfort and support (i'm not talking anything having to do with finances). at times, i felt like i was the more masculine one and for a girly girl like me, that just doesn't work. but i knew he loved me...that is such a wonderful feeling. before him, i never had that much assurance in a man's love for me. yet, i still didn't feel fully comfortable and protected around him. it was eating me alive and i finally had to tell him i couldn't do it any longer. and now i feel horrible. like i've lost. i'm alone and my thoughts and doubts circulate throughout my entire body endlessly.
i hate this.