Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
i like a more polished look. i think a flattering skinny jean can look very chic. and you can never go wrong with some boot cut jeans.
i actually look forward to colder temps when i am able to tuck my jeans into my knee-high boots.
i just love this look.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
ready for the answer?...they are all examples of common spelling mistakes*.
ken smith of Bucks New University believes these spelling mistakes should be accepted as "variant spellings." he proposes that these words be included in the english language and no longer be viewed as wrong. supposedly, the misspelling of the word "judgment" as "judgement" has already been widely accepted as a variant spelling.
this sounds like a lazy person's excuse as to why they can't spell. sooner or later, if this trend keeps up, words like plz and thanx will also be accepted as variant spellings.
actually, i can think of a lot of things that could become the variant of its original.
the full article can be found here.
*correct spellings: argument, twelth, judgment, truly, occurred.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
morgan freeman is in serious condition after getting in a car crash: link. i think he is just brilliant, i hope he recovers soon.
for those interested in learning some basic Persian words, persiantea recommends: link
wanna know how much Obama and McCain are worth?: link
the university of washington has made the honor roll for "green rating": link. woot, woot!
Monday, August 4, 2008
- i saw the movie p.s. i love you and i cried every 15-20 minutes. like clockwork. i kid you not. get the dvd and a box of tissues and allow the movie to melt your heart away!
- my best friend from high school got engaged this weekend and i am SOOOO incredibly happy for her. she is one of those genuinely kind people that loves everything....you can't help but love her back.
- my ex-boyfriend also got engaged this weekend. it tugged at my heart just a little...i'm not gonna lie. oops.
- i totally treated myself to a nice (and successful) day of shopping on sunday. got some nice pieces for this autumn (can you believe fall clothes are out already?!).
- i am finally jogging and it feels great! it has been my goal to do so for the longest time, so it feels fantastic. it's almost a bit addictive. each time i jog i want to beat my previous time or distance. i think the key to becoming a jogger is learning how to breathe and pacing yourself.
- i made an entire pan of brownies and ate the entire thing myself this weekend...no, actually i lied...i gave two pieces away.
- it's really difficult to get through the weeks between wax sessions...unwanted hair just sucks. i never thought i would become one of those people that would routinely get my legs waxed. it's so high-maintenance. i can hardly believe my first wax session was only a little while ago!